Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11 - Armistice Day

Have just attended the Armistice Day Commemoration at the Auckland War Memorial Museum which was lovely and well attended.  The Auckland Girls' Choir were beautiful.  One of the two hymns sung was 'I vow to Thee my country'  and I thought I would share the words to the first verse which for me said it all:

I vow to Thee my country,
all earthly things above,
Entire whole and perfect,
the service of my love.
The love that asks no question,
the love that stands the test,
That lays upon the altar the
dearest and the best;
The love that never falters,
the love that pays the price,
The love that makes undaunted 
the final sacrifice.

Words: Sir Cecil Spring-Rice


Lest we Forget

1 comment:

  1. Pleased you managed to get to the services. I was working back of house and couldn't attend and you're right though...certainly well attended, the museum was packed the whole day. Was great to see!

    Cheers
    Sarndra

    ReplyDelete